In response to the NHS England Long term plan 2019 the post holder will teach and advise qualifyingstudentscovering all aspects of general rehabilitation physiotherapyfor different health populations, to meet the demands of currentand future practice, within the established BSc Physiotherapy and MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) teaching programmes.
- Teach courses at a range of levels within the remit of general rehabilitation to undergraduate and postgraduate (pre registration) students, predominantly through allocated lectures, seminars and practical sessions, so that the School’s teaching objectives are met.
- Contribute to the designand teaching of moduleswithin their scope of practice withother colleagues.
- Plan and prepare own teaching, including guidance notes and other digitalresources in accordance with the established objectives of the teaching programme.
- Devise and supervise projects, student dissertations and practical work.
- Develop an approach to planning and reviewing own teaching including service user engagement and interprofessional education.
- Undertake full range of responsibilities in relation to supervision, marking and examining. (Summative assessment, including assessed work contributing to the final award – as a mark or as a credit – such as unseen examinations, essays, dissertations ,presentations and practical examinations)
- Frequently update own subject expertise.
- Undertake personal professional development in teaching, including self-reflection on own teaching, using student and peer review feedback, to enhance own teaching and learning processes.
- Contribute to knowledge transfer on own specialism that is of manifest benefit to the College and the University, often under supervision of a project leader.
- Undertake management/administration arising from teaching.
- Contribute to Departmental/School teaching-related activities and teaching-related administration.
- Contribute to enterprise, business development and/or public engagement activities of manifest benefit to the College and the University, often under supervision of a project leader.
- Contribute to the admissions team activities.
- Higher degree relevant to research or teaching area or equivalent qualifications
- High level analytical capability
- Ability to design and deliver module materials successfully
- Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
Closing Date 5 Jun 2019