In collaboration with the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) the Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivated Student Research Assistant to join the project "Multimodal Functional and Structural Visual System Characterization" focused on investigating factors for macular degeneration.
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss.
In this project, 50 healthy controls and 50 patients with macular degeneration will perform a psychophysical battery of 6 tasks spread over the course of 2 years.
The Student Research Assistant will be responsible to run the psychophysical battery with both healthy controls and patients with macular degeneration, will assist the participants in understanding the tasks and will monitor their performances. The examinations will take place at Mittlere Strasse 91, 4031 Basel ("Site") and its respective infrastructure.
- Run the psychophysical battery of 6 tasks of ~1h15 per subject;
- Explain the structure of the psychophysical battery to the participants;
- Assist participants during the entire testing;
- Monitor and document the participants performances with a high reliability;
- Perform general administrative work such as recording participant's information.
- Bachelor or Master Student from 5 semester onwards;
- Independent planning, realization, and troubleshooting of the psychophysical battery after a period of training;
- Patient-oriented, enthusiastic and patient to explain and assist healthy adults and patients with macular degeneration in the performance of the tasks;
- Preferentially available for a period of 2 years, starting on 1st May 2021 and ending on 31 July 2023;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, precise and skilled with computer work
- German native speaker. Fluency in English to communicate with collaborators.
We offer you
- Employment on an hourly basis with well-planned operating times;
- Total of ~350h operating hours over 2 years.