South Campus Academic Planning
Senior Officer: Quality Assurance and Review (post level 9)
Job ID: 2118
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deal with queries in relation to the quality assurance and review processes.
- Coordinate and manage quality assurance and review processes and activities.
- Assist in the preparation and finalisation of self-evaluation reports and documentation for quality review activities.
- Assist in the preparation and finalisation of new qualification and short learning programme applications for submission to various internal and external approval and accreditation bodies.
- Proofread and edit submission documents.
- Assist with priority and strategic projects under supervision.
- Conduct literature searches, and collect, capture, process and analyse data related to quality assurance and review activities.
- Honour’s degree.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a higher education environment.
- Sound knowledge of the higher education environment, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of the South African Higher Education context.
- End-user IT (information technology) skills, especially with:
- general office software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access);
- research software/tools (e.g. statistical software packages, online/offline survey tools, Web browsers, database search engines);
- database technologies; and
- communication technologies.
- Written and oral communication proficiency in the official administrative language of the institution;
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Relevant Master’s degree;
- Knowledge of administrative systems such as PeopleSoft, LMS and surveying packages.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 November 2017.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3101 / 2849.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.