THE JAVETT ART CENTRE
SENIOR MANAGER: OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
(Five years contract eligible for renewal subject to satisfactory performance)
The Javett Art Centre at the University of Pretoria (Javett-UP) is a new art centre, which was opened on 24 September 2019, and which will serve as a home for the art of Africa in an environment characterized by creativity, diversity, research, study and exploration. It will set new benchmarks in art curation, conservation and education. The Javett-UP is a partnership between the University of Pretoria and the Javett Foundation. It is an art centre that is as collegiate as it is philanthropic.
The goal is to develop the Javett-UP reflectively, accountably and boldly into a world class Art Centre for South Africa, the continent and globally.
The Senior Manager will plan, organize and manage the integrated administrative activities of the multifaceted artistic and cultural programmes of the Javett-UP, ensuring compliance with governance policies and procedures. The Senior Manager will oversee all aspects of the fiscal affairs, human resources and administration as well as operate as a member of the Javett-UP senior management team, participate in policy development and strategic decision making and implement and enforce operating policies, procedures and standards and ensure that the Javett-UP contributes towards achievement of the Javett-UP objectives.
The incumbent will be required to render services, which includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing and coordinating all financial activities of the Javett-UP
- Manage and maintain growth of income generating activities of Javett-UP and ensure they produce desired results
- Managing daily administrative operations of the Javett-UP
- Managing and motivating staff to ensure a top performing team and high-quality customer care
- Leading the formulation and application of Javett-UP policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with legal requirements to maintain good governance
- Providing input to determining strategic objectives for the Javett-UP
- Overseeing and coordinating Javett-UP’s human resources activities
- Developing and managing the use of computerised information systems within the Javett-UP
- Overseeing to the administration of security and safety procedures
- Serving on various committees and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Building trust and confidence with key relevant partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact with them.
- Developing and coordinating reporting to funders and contribute to fundraising initiatives of Javett-UP
- Preparing reports for the Board of Javett-UP, and make high quality recommendation to Board committees
- A relevant bachelor degree qualification(arts & culture management, administration and finance, human resources);
- A minimum of 7 year’s management/leadership experience;
- Proven financial and performance management systems experience;
- Human Resources and Finance management IT systems knowledge.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- In-depth practice of sound corporate governance;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Research skills;
- Must work well under pressure;
- Compliment the skills set of the Javett-UP;
- Passionate, driven and dynamic;
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
This position has a total cost to company salary package in the range between R800 000.00 to R900 000.00 per annum, subject to the successful candidate’s experience.
Applicants are requested to apply online, and go to About UP. Select Career Opportunities and select the position you want to apply for.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms V Reynders, email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and Mr Lekgetho Makola, firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2021 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.