Department of Mathematical Sciences
Senior Lecturer: Mathematics
The Mathematical Sciences Department is responsible for teaching and research in mathematics, applied mathematics and computer science at Stellenbosch University. The Mathematics Division is keen to strengthen its research in Algebra, Analysis, Category Theory, Combinatorics, Logic, Number Theory, and Topology.
- Research and publication in peer-reviewed journals in a field aligned to one of the research focus areas in the Mathematics Division;
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate Mathematics modules;
- Recruiting and supervising postgraduate students in Mathematics;
- Participating in the activities of a research group in the Mathematics Division;
- Securing research funding;
- Participating in academically relevant departmental and faculty activities, as required.
- PhD in Mathematics in a field aligned to one of the research focus areas in the Mathematics Division;
- A growing research profile in at least one of the research focus areas of the Mathematics Division;
- Evidence of a sustained publication output in good quality international journals;
- Proven experience in offering undergraduate and postgraduate Mathematics modules;
- Proof of successful postgraduate supervision on at least at Master's level;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Applicants are required to submit a detailed research statement and teaching philosophy.
Applicants invited for interviews will be expected to present a lecture on their recent research.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Please note that we require a teaching statement and research statement in the CV.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof IM Rewitzky on 021 808 3289,or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753