Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
Department of Human Resource Management
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Lecturing at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- The supervision of postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in the Labour Relations field;
- Liaising with students and other stakeholders.
- A doctoral degree with specialisation in the field of Labour Relations;
- Experience in independent research and/or involvement in research activities;
- Experience in the guidance of students’ research;
- Lecturing experience.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural Attributes)
- Appropriate language proficiency and communication skills;
- Computer literacy.
Added Advantages and Preferences
- Registered member at the South African Board for People Practices;
- Practical experience in commerce or industry;
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals or conference proceedings.
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted applicants may be required to do a 10/15 minute presentation to the selection committee of the Department prior to formal interviews.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 24 August 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof Alewyn Nel, Tel: (012) 420 3434
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.