FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH MEDICINE
SENIOR LECTURER (ONE-YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The University of Pretoria wishes to appoint an academic staff member in the available position to enhance the current service, research and teaching capacity in the Department of Public Health Medicine. The incumbent will be required to:
- Co-ordinate the MMed Public Health Medicine programme (which includes planning and management of the rotational service attachments, supervision of postgraduate research and field projects, co-ordination of formative and performance assessments, support and supervision of individual service rotations in terms of service delivery, co-ordination and setting of primary and final examinations, organising and facilitating registrar tutorials and operational and human resource related management of the programme);
- Participate in undergraduate teaching and research supervision activities;
- Participate in other academic activities within the SHSPH as required.
- MMed (Community Health / Public Health Medicine) and / or FCPHM;
- Registration with HPCSA as a Public Health Medicine Specialist.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Experience in the following:
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate medical students;
- Teaching of postgraduate public health students;
- Conducting research;
- Supervising postgraduate students’ research projects;
- Working as a Public Health Medicine Specialist.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Proof of current registration with the HPCSA as a Public Health Medicine Specialist;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 18 January 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof D Basu, Tel (012) 356 3263/4
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.