An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences for a Senior Administrator supporting the delivery of comprehensive, effective and efficient administration and operational services, this role includes working with the Faculty Office team providing support for the Faculty Leadership team and leading on the administration of projects to support the Faculty strategy.
Our exciting Faculty is developing the theories and technologies that will shape our future world, ranging from optical telecommunication technologies that underpin the internet through to the high energy astrophysics that help us understand our universe. We are building a successful and inclusive community, which is at the heart of delivering the University’s highest quality research, education and enterprise. These roles offer a chance to join our high-performing teams and expand your skills in a dynamic and supportive environment.
The role requires a self-motivated and proactive team-player and we are looking for someone who has experience covering most of the following:
- Providing high level strategic support to senior managers, investigating and resolving business critical issues
- Working collaboratively and proactively as part of a high performing team, and possibly some staff supervision
- Administration of committees or working groups, and event management
- Attention to detail and good written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible approach and a can-do attitude
Key areas of focus for the role are:
- Ongoing support for the Associate Dean Research, and other members of the Faculty Leadership team
- ED&I initiatives and monitoring at a Faculty level, supporting the Faculty ED&I Champion and Schools where required
- Management of strategically important events such as research week and enterprise week
- Supporting strategic faculty projects and working groups
This is an exciting opportunity to become a vital part of the Faculty operating service in the heart of a diverse and innovative faculty. If you would like more information or an informal conversation about the role, please contact Sarah Richardson, Executive Officer Research and Enterprise at S.K.Richardson@soton.ac.uk.
This position is offered on a Full Time, Permanent basis.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.