Rich Media Instructional and Online Assessment Specialist (post level 9)
Job ID: 2117
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the curriculum, short and formal learning programme managers in selecting the most appropriate combination of video and assessment tools to maximise the learning potential of students, being it online, tablet or PC based.
- Train staff, facilitators, students and teachers in the integration of video based assessment in the online or digital learning environment.
- Responsible for first line assistance regarding vision mixing in an Audio Visual Broadcast studio.
- Responsible for preparing and formatting scripted text for use on a Teleprompter system in an Audio Visual Broadcast studio.
- Responsible for storyboarding and scripting educational video projects, delivering a final product consisting of A-roll and B-roll content.
- Provide training in the restraints and opportunities when working with green screen technology.
- Responsible for creating visual material that will be used for VR (Virtual Reality) set designs.
- Present scripted educational video projects in an Audio Visual Broadcast studio environment.
- Responsible to test all instructional/creative e-design video products for standard UX and UI before deployment to the distance learning UFS student.
- Assist with office and administration duties as required
- Post school qualification
- Three (3) years classroom teaching with the integration of technology
- One (1) year of related experience and a proven track record of developing a broad range of instructional technology projects with an emphasis on learner experience, usability, user experience, and interface design, including the training of presenters and teachers for the integration of video based assessment
- A valid driver’s licence
- Ability to understand the unique virtual design requirements of the adult online student.
- The ability to analyse complex information and present it to a digital audience.
- High level of proficiency in the use of Autodesk Inventor and must have experience with CAD.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Office365, Storyboarding and the use of Teleprompters and green screen technology.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently within a broader collaborative, online environment
- Experience in the creation of visual material that can be used for VR (Virtual Reality) set designs.
- Experience in offering assistance regarding vision mixing in an Audio Visual Broadcast studio.
- Work experience in teaching non-residential students of a higher education institution.
- Proven support rendered to a wide audience in the integration of ICT to improve teaching and learning outcomes.
- Presenting scripted educational video projects in an Audio Visual Broadcast studio environment.
- Experience in using a teleprompter and green screen technology for online learning and the final production of A- and B roll content.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 November 2017.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3101 / 2849.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.