We encourage applicants for researcher position in the Department of Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems, Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS, Warsaw, Poland.
This researcher position is a part of the CREATE project funded by the European Commission under the ERA Chair programme. The CREATE project is targeted at development of a new chair - Department of Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems - within the structure of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPC), led by reputable world-class scientist (ERA Chair holder). The project predicts a number of measures to extend research excellency of IPC into the new field – physical chemistry inspired by biology.
- MSc in physics/engineering (optics, automatics, informatics, electronics) and PhD degree,
- expertise in experimental physical optics (at least 1-2 years of experience),
- experience in development of new methods of microscopy or medical imaging connected with ophthalmology is welcomed
The successful candidate will:
- supervise ongoing projects;
- closely cooperate with worldwide reputable scientist Prof. Maciej Wojtkowski, a physicist specializing in optics applications in biology and medicine;
- participate in research studies of the statistical properties of the light propagation through non-transparent or turbid media – in particular through biological systems.
- a long-term contract (2 years supported by ERA Chairs grant) with prolongation option;
- competitive salary (ie. between 3 000 to 4 000 EUR/month gross, depending on skills and experience);
- opportunity to work in interdisciplinary department on research projects with international coverage and in collaboration with industrial partners;
- autonomous position in the professional and dynamically developing innovative group.
Main eligibility criteria:
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first/corresponding/significant author;
- Mobility in his/her scientific career (including completed research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry);
- The number of citations of the candidate's work;
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of research projects the candidate has led and publications resulting from implementation of these projects.
- A job application,
- Curriculum vitae,
- A scan or photocopy of the candidate's MSc and PhD degree,
- A list of publications indicating a maximum of five of the most important studies carried out in the last 5 years of the candidate's research work (after deduction of breaks in research), patent applications, patents, implementations, research projects,
- The number of citations of publications without self-citations, the h index and the number of years worked effectively in science (after deduction of breaks),
- Information about any breaks in performing research work, e.g. maternity leave, internship in industry, etc. When assessing the achievements of the candidate the Recruitment Committee shall take into account breaks in research and shall convert the candidate's indicated achievements into effective years of scientific work,
- A list of research projects (application, implementation), which were headed by the candidate or where he/she was the main researcher and 1-3 major publications that were a result of the implementation of this project, or other tangible results of the project,
- At least one opinion of the candidate from a worldwide reputable expert,
- Consent to the processing of the candidate's personal data for the purposes of the competition http://ichf.edu.pl/Oswiadczenie-declaration.doc,
- The candidate's declaration he/she has become acquainted with the General Rules Governing Competitions for Research Posts at the IPC PAS in Warsaw,
- should be sent to and (contact person for employment) by 31 October 2017. Kindly specify in the application topic: Application for Researcher position – CREATE project.
- One candidate will be chosen. Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview. The competition results shall be announced on 15 November 2017. Expected start date of working in-situ is 1 December 2017.