Support of the delivery of the QT hub and DSTL miniature optical lattice clock delivery
The successful candidate would require:
- A first degree in physics or engineering.
- Demonstrated technical and scientific experience in either the research or industry environment, as evidenced by a PhD in a relevant discipline or an equivalent amount of practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a self-contained project, and to work effectively as part of a team of scientists or engineers.
- Excellent communication skills, including development of documentation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- A strong background in the development, design and testing of optical lattice clocks based on cold atoms.
And would desirably possess qualities such as:
- Background in working with Strontium-based optical lattice clocks.
- Experience in narrow linewitdth laser development.
- Experience in developing high performance locking systems, such as for laser stabilisation or mechanical automation.