To create and contribute to the creation of knowledge by undertaking a specified range of activities within the EPSRC funded MILLIBAN project.
The overall aim of this cutting edge project is to lay the fundamental scientific foundations and develop new antenna technologies for future mm-wave mobile communication systems. This will require undertaking theoretical and applied research, involving experimental studies, simulation and modelling. The research aims to determine suitable antenna designs and material technologies for a range of operating bands within the mm-wave spectrum, based on cost effective fabrication processes, which will lead to prototype demonstrators and testing in representative communication systems.
- First degree in electronic engineering or physical science and a higher degree relevant to the research area or equivalent qualifications
- High level analytical capability
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes