A 3-year Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available in the School of Mathematics at Birmingham to lead challenging research into theoretical and modelling aspects of Additive Manufacturing as part of a Programme Grant involving 3 universities and 8 industrial partners.
- PhD or equivalent with a mathematical modelling component.
- Research expertise in mathematical modelling of fluid mechanical and thermodynamic processes. Ability to initiate, develop and deliver high quality research and to publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of quality research output from experienced candidates or strong research potential from less experienced candidates.
- Good effective communication (oral and written) skills, presentation and training skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on research programmes.
- Some experience of computational simulation.
- Expertise in free surface flows and thermodynamics.
- Ability to initiate, plan organise, implement and deliver programmes of work to tight deadlines.