To assist in research (by carrying out data collection or analyses) to create knowledge through providing research support for projects and research groups.
- BSc / MSc in Meteorology, or a neighbouring discipline
- Experience in meteorology and climate sciences
- Experience in meteorological data analysis (in particular extreme value analysis);
- Scientific programming skills (e.g., in UNIX environment, FORTRAN, R, etc.
- Knowledge of dynamic meteorology;
- Writing of scientific publications;
- Teaching at university level, including support for supervision of BSc, MSc, and PhD thesis.
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Gregor Leckebusch, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this post is aligned to external funding and therefore the salary on offer is up to a maximum of £26,495 only.