The Professorship of Corporate Finance (Prof. Ola Mahmoud) in the Faculty of Business and Economics invites applications for a Research Assistant (Hilfsassistent/-in) position with a 20% appointment. We are looking for a motivated student who already holds a bachelor degree at the time of application.
Start date: February / March 2021
Duration of the contract: initially for one semester and potentially extendable for another semester.
This research project lies within quantitative and empirical finance, with a focus on topics related to sustainable finance, corporate finance, and behavioral finance.
The assistantship will require:
- A curious, motivated, and creative mindset
- Quantitative data analysis skills in R, Matlab, Stata, Python (or similar)
- Understanding of basic financial and economic concepts
- Experience and deep understanding of statistical analysis techniques
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Basic experience with LaTeX
- Motivation to learn new research topics and tools
- Team spirit and interest in collaborative projects
- already holds a bachelor's degree;
- is registered within the University of Basel, preferably in a Master's program at the Faculty of Business and Economics;
- comes with a background in Economics, Finance, Quantitative Social Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics with a keen interest in finance and economics.
We offer you
We offer a dynamic working environment in a team of international researchers, with collaborators within the WWZ in Basel as well as with the University of Zurich and the University of California at Berkeley. We hope that, through this assistantship, you can also acquire various tangible and intangible skills that might eventually push you forward in your future career.