VP Academic Affairs Department
This position will report to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The registrar is responsible for creating and archiving students’ enrollment and information, their academic and financial records, and their class schedules. The registrar must assist and manage a large amount of information about students and staff.
This is a full-time position based in Baghdad, Iraq.
The job responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide leadership to plan, organise and manage all the activities related to records and registration department including the admissions department, examination unit, senate and governance unit;
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services;
- Lead the academic & business teams, work with cross functional teams, to achieve a win-win to achieve organisational goals;
- Develop and administer the departmental budget.
- Maintains the academic records of all students and plans and implements the registration process for classes.
- Work with other administrators to coordinate times and locations for class meetings and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Responsible for the University’ student records by collecting, recording, maintaining, and reporting students’ records as per the guidelines;
- Organize and administer the records, registration, graduation functions and any events or functions that is not limited to convocation ceremony, including transcript format evaluations.
- Supervise the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications, while overseeing the complete graduation process to include all elements of the rehearsal and the convocation ceremony to ensure positive student experiences;
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalogue and registration/records policy questions.
- Draft and develop all Policies and Procedures relating to the Registrar’s office.
- Ensure compliance to policies, procedures, and required legislation;
- Educate employees on new policy or policy changes
- Managing daily operations and staff.
- Customer service
- Any adhoc tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting, Education would be advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role at the university.
- Excellent computer skills, Advanced Excel and Student Database Systems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Finance acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising skills
- Problem Solving and Service Oriented.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience;
- 2-year contract renewable for additional 2 years;
- On-campus accommodation;
- 1 x Flight to and from home country.