We have an immediate and exciting opportunity to be part of our team in the division of Student and Education Services at the University of Southampton. Student and Education Services is responsible for the delivery of all elements of the student experience in relation to student administration, support and co and extra-curricular student-facing provision at the University. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team as we seek to achieve our ambition to provide a best-in-class student experience aligned to our new University strategy.
As Programme Administration Manager, you will provide operational oversight to our faculty embedded Educational Administration services for our UG and PGT student community. You will line manage a team who provide comprehensive end-to-end administrative support to an assigned programme portfolio, ensuring a high-quality and seamless experience for both our students and academic staff. This specific role will support our Business School programmes.
Examples of roles and responsibilities that your team deliver include:
- Acting as a point of contact for all taught students, staff and visitors, advising on a wide range of matters to support a positive student experience
- Local implementation of policy, processes and procedures for education with your respective Faculty
- Undertaking a number of administrative duties related to programme administration to ensure the service adheres to the policies, processes and procedures of the University, Quality Assurance (QA) and Codes of Practice.
- Provide a broad range of support and administrative services across all taught programmes including but not limited to marks entry, timetabling, and examinations to ensure the service is promoting a positive student experience.
- Provide administrative support to relevant committees, including Boards of Examiners, ensuring they are serviced and aligned with the University’s Code of Practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience within programme administration, capable of managing and motivating a team of staff and embracing and enabling change. You will need to be organised, enjoy working at pace with a deadline sensitive workload and be comfortable with complexity and uncertainty. You must be committed to developing relationships with academic colleagues and have effective team working, communication and interpersonal skills.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.