UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
UTS: Health offers innovative, practice-based education and high impact research that focuses in improving health outcomes in both local and global communities. Our learning and teaching is shaped on our unique UTS Model of Learning framework, which encourages a collaborative and globally relevant learning approach and development of graduate attributes.
UTS is ranked number one in Australia and seventh in the world for Nursing in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017.
Prince of Wales Private Hospital offers comprehensive care and services in a modern and well-equipped facility. The Hospital has been recognised for providing high quality, patient-focused care since its opening in 1997.
The NSW Government has committed $720m for the Randwick Campus Redevelopment to deliver a new cutting edge Prince of Wales Hospital Acute Services Building (ASB). The ASB will see new clinical spaces (ICU, ED and Theatres) as well as integrated spaces for health, education and research, such as the Virtual Care Centre.
About the Role
The role will be responsible for developing and implementing a centre-wide cancer nursing education program; establishing and sustaining strong academic nursing and multidisciplinary health team partnerships with the University Sector; developing, implementing and evaluating a cancer nursing research program; promoting and implementing evidence-based practice; and implementing and evaluating nurse-led models of care.
It is expected that the appointee will be an active member of the NCCC Leadership Group. It will have strong alignment with the POWH Nursing and Education and Research Unit (NERU), Translational Cancer Research Network and UTS Health IMPACCT Research Centre.
This position is located at the Nelune Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Demonstrated strong track record in cancer research leadership, grant success, extensive and high quality publication and conference presentation profile
- Evidence of engagement and leadership in national and international cancer nursing or cancer multidisciplinary agencies and professional organisations
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and senior management in a complex health care setting including experience in practice development and workforce capability advances
- Sound knowledge of current clinical practice, its delivery and models of care and the ability to motivate, inspire and lead staff to achieve service and professional goals
- Recent educational experience in a complex health care environment, with an ability to function as part of a senior team working successfully with other professional and disciplines in the management of health services
- A PhD in cancer nursing or related area
- High level of credibility in cancer nursing practice development and research
- Demonstrated ability to identify, evaluate and incorporate where appropriate emerging trends within the profession of nursing
Prior to commencing your application for IRC115688, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria, which you are required to address in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
For more information please download the Candidate Information pack from the link below this advertisement. Specific enquiries regarding the role may be directed to Professor Fiona Brooks email@example.com or 02 9514 4795.
Specific issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Thursday 13th December 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.