Title: Full-time professor
Field of Knowledge: Mathematics
Organizational Unit: School of Sciences, Department of Actuarial Sciences, Physics and Mathematics
Primary location: Universidad de las Americas Puebla at San Andres Cholula, Puebla. Mexico
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Fringe benefits: Health insurance, pension, and retirement benefits
Teaching load: 6-8 courses per year, depending on research productivity
Overview of the functions of the position
The applicant will teach, conduct research and advise in his/her area(s) of expertise. Essential responsibilities include:
- To teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels and lead instructional activities specified in the approved curriculum and in the faculty bylaws. These activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutoring, writing and correcting exams, correcting papers and reports and conducting and supervising evaluation activities;
- To participate in departmental and school activities, including meetings, committees, course and program evaluation, curriculum development, and grant preparation;
- To provide academic support and advising to students;
- To undertake cutting edge research in order to contribute to the intellectual mission of the university and to the consolidation of the Doctoral programs and their corresponding research lines;
- To participate in calls for research proposals;
- To participate in inter-institutional and/or interdisciplinary research projects linked to regional and national companies and/or to internationally recognized institutions;
- Toparticipate intheNationalSystemof Researchers (SNI-SistemaNacionalde lnvestigadores) ;
- To publish research achievements.
- PhD in Mathematics
- Postdoctoral experience recommended
- Research experience by the production of research papers published in international and known journals.
- Experience in international research collaboration.
- Member of the SNI
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of expertise.
- Experience in the design and implementation of research projects in the field of expertise.
- Teaching in higher education in physics programs, or related.
- Ability to teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students;
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to collect, summarize and analyze information from various sources. Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively on technical and scientific issues in English and Spanish.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring undergraduate or graduate students