The Faculty of Law is looking to fill a vacancy in the Department of Public Law. The main responsibility of the incumbent will be to contribute to excellence in the Faculty of Law. The incumbent will lecture primarily in the fields of criminal procedure law and criminal justice. The incumbent will furthermore conduct research and contribute to the administrative functioning of the Faculty, and perform such other duties as assigned by the Faculty.
- Lecturing in Criminal Procedural Law and other modules dealing with criminal justice;
- Actively researching, writing and publishing in the assigned field(s) of law;
- Supervising LLM and LLD students;
- Contributing to the administrative functioning of the Faculty and performing such other duties as assigned by the Faculty.
- LLD or an appropriate PhD;
- An established publication record (for appointment as Professor or Associate Professor), or at least some publications (for appointment as Senior Lecturer);
- Experience in postgraduate mentorship and supervision (for appointment as Professor or Associate Professor);
- Experience in undergraduate teaching.
- A strong interest in research;
- Good interpersonal relationships;
- Practical experience;
- NRF rating.