Vacancy Not ice
Title: Full professor
Field of Knowledge:Italian as a Second Language
Organizational Unit: School of Arts and Humanities, Department of Languages
Primary location: UDLAP Campus at San Andres Cholula, Puebla. Mexico.
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Compensation: Health insurance, pension and retirement benefits. Teaching load: 6-8 courses per year, depending on research productivity.
Overview of the functions of the position
The applicant will teach, research and advise in his/her area(s) of expertise. Essential responsibilities include:
- To teach and lead instructional activities specified in the approved curriculum and in the faculty bylaws. These activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutoring, writing and correcting exams, correcting papers and reports and conducting and supervising evaluation activities;
- To participate in departmental and school activities, including meetings, committees, course and program evaluation, curriculum development, and grant preparation;
- To provide academic support and advising to students;
- To undertake front-line research in order to contribute to the intellectual mission of the university and to the consolidation of the Doctoral programs and their corresponding research lines;
- Advanced university degree (preferred PhD or equivalent) in ItalianTeaching or Applied Linguistics with a specialization in Italian
- Italian proficiency level of C1 or B2 (C2 preferred) accordingtotheCommonEuropean Framework.
- At least 2 years in the field of Italian teaching at university level (graduate and undergraduate).
- Manage curricula and courses.
- Ability to teach and advise graduate and undergraduate students;
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to collect, summarize and analyze information from various sources. Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
- Capacity to build and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Italian and Spanish or English.
Proven experience in teaching and/or mentoring undergraduate or graduate students.
Posting date: September 2021
Applications must be sent by email no later than: open
The University will contact you as soon as the process concludes Position to start: Immediately