Universidad de las Americas Puebla (UDLAP) i n Mexico is seeking applications for its Full Time Faculty Positions.
UDLAP is a SACSCOC accredited and QS- ranked institution and is committed to diversifying its com munity and as so it welcomes applications from individuals who may contribute to that diversity. The Industrial and Mechanical Engineering Department currently has a Full-Ti me Faculty position for its Bachelor Programs: Industrial Engineering Program.
What does UDLAP expect from the candidates?
Candidates must be proficient English and Spanish speakers since it is expected that they will teach all courses in English. If non-speaker of Spanish, aptitude and attitude to learn Spanish is required. In addition, candidates must comply with the academic and administrative responsibilities of a Full Time Professor, as specified in the current Faculty Handbook, in the employment contract, and as assigned by the Department Chair and Dean of the Engineering School.
Among others, new Faculty members are expected to teach 24 Credit Hours at undergraduate or graduate level courses per semester. This is equivalent to four courses, each consisting of 150 minutes per week, which may be subject to a reduction if research, consulting or administrative activities are also conducted.
Additionally, they should engage in tutoring and mentoring with students. as well as organizing academic and professional activities for students in the Honors Program. They may also lead or participate in research or consulting projects if desired which is strongly recommended by the institution. Participation in a vast amount of academic activities held on or off campus is also advisable. Further responsibilities may be consulted in the aforementioned Faculty Handbook.
Salary and benefits
Salary shall be commensurate with the academic ranking obtained, in addition to benefits which exceed those stipulated by the Mexican Labour Law.
Additionally a private office with phone and computer; library access and special borrowing privileges. use of Wi-Fi, parking permit (if requested), and access to all of UDLAP's facili ties and events.
Overview of the functions of the position
Full Time Faculty Positions
Th e applicant will teach, conduct research and advise in his/her area(s) of expertise. Essential responsibilities include:
- To teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels and lead instructional activities specified i n the approved curriculum and in the faculty bylaws. Th ese activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutoring, writing and correcting exams, correcting papers and reports, conducting and supervising evaluation activities;
- To participate in departmental and school activities, including meetings, committees, course and program evaluation, curriculum development, and grant preparation;
- To provide academic support and advising to students;
- To undertake cutting edge research in order to contribute to the intellectual mission of the university and to the consolidation of the Undergraduate and Graduate programs and their corresponding research lines;
- To participate in calls for research proposals;
- To participate in inter- institutional and/or interdisciplinary research projects linked to regional and national companies and/or to internationally recognized institutions;
- To publish research achievements.
- Advanced university degree(Ph.D.or equivalent) in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, Operation Research, Statistics or a closely related field.
- Area of expertise: Application of emerging technologies in industry.
- Other desirable areas: Quality Process, Design Process, Packaging, Supply Chain Management.
- At least 2 years of undergraduate or graduate teaching.
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of research (basic and applied science) or consulting projects.
- Demonstrated professional experience i n the field of expertise.
- Ability to teach and advise undergraduate or graduate students;
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to collect, summarize and analyze information from various sources. Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
- Capacity to build and maintain partnerships with internal and external institutions and companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively on technical and scientific issues in English and Spanish.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
Industrial Engineering Program.
Full Time Faculty Positions
- Proven experience in mentoring undergraduate or graduate students.
- Participate in the National System of Researchers (SNI - Sistema Nacional de lnvestig ad ores) or have enough scientific / technological production to get in shortly.
Universidad d e las Americas Puebla (UDLAP) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff and students. We strongly encourage all qualified individuals to ap ply.