Title: Full-time professor
Field of Knowledge:Communication and Media Production
Organizational Unit: School of Social Sciences, Department of Communication Sciences
Primary location: Universidad de las Américas Puebla at San Andrés Cholula, Puebla. México.
Type of contract: Fixed term
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Fringe benefits: Health insurance, pension and retirement benefits.
Teaching load: 6-8 courses per year, depending on research productivity.
Overview of the functions of the position
The applicant will teach, conduct research and advise in his/her area(s) of expertise. Essential responsibilities include:
- To teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels and lead instructional activities specified in the approved curriculum and in the faculty bylaws. These activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutoring, writing and correcting exams, correcting papers and reports and conducting and supervising evaluation activities;
- To participate in departmental and school activities, including meetings, committees, course and program evaluation, curriculum development, and grant preparation;
- To provide academic support and advising to students;
- To undertake cutting edge research in order to contribute to the intellectual mission of the university and to the consolidation of the Doctoral programs and their corresponding research lines;
- To participate in calls for research proposals;
- To participate in inter-institutional and/or interdisciplinary research projects linked to regional and national companies and/or to internationally recognized institutions;
- To participate in the National System of Researchers (SNI - Sistema Nacional de Investigadores) or the National System of Art Creators (SNCA - Sistema Nacional de Creadores de Arte);
- To publish research achievements or artistic creation projects.
- Advanced university degree (Ph.D., MFA or equivalent) in Media Production, Communication, Management and production of audiovisual media, Audiovisual production, Film studies, Media & Communication, Media Studies (or equivalent)
- Area of expertise:Communication and Media Production
Description: Experience in audio, tv, documentary and film production, multimedia production, journalism, storytelling, interactive media, audio, lightning, editing and writing for film and television.
- At least 3 years of relevant scientific research experience at the national and international levels.
- At least 3 years of undergraduate or graduate teaching.
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of research projects.
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of expertise.
- Experience in the design and implementation of research projects in the field of expertise.
- Ability to teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students;
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to collect, summarize and analyze information from various sources. Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
- Capacity to build and maintain partnerships with internal and external institutions and companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively on technical and scientific issues in English and Spanish.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Proven experience in teaching and/or mentoring undergraduate or graduate students.