Title: Full-time professor
Field of Knowledge: Accounting I Finance.
Organizational Unit: School of Business, Department of Accounting and Finance.
Primary location: Universidad de las Americas Puebla at San Andres Cholula, Puebla. Mexico.
Type of contract: Fixed term
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Fringe benefits: Health insurance, pension and retirement benefits.
Teaching load: 6-8 courses per year, depending on research productivity.
Overview of the functions of the position
The applicant will teach, conduct research and advise in his/her area(s) of expertise. Essential responsibilities include:
- To teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels and lead instructional activities specified in the approved curriculum and in the faculty bylaws. These activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutoring, writing and correcting exams, correcting papers and reports and conducting and supervising evaluation activities;
- To participate in departmental and school activities, including meetings, committees, course and program evaluation, curriculum development, and grant preparation;
- To provide academic support and advising to students;
- To undertake cutting edge research in order to contribute to the intellectual mission of the university and to the consolidation of the Doctoral programs and their corresponding research lines;
- To participate in calls for research proposals;
- To participate in inter-institutional and/or interdisciplinary research projects linked to regional and national companies and/or to internationally recognized institutions;
- To participate in the National System of Researchers (SNI-SistemaNacionalde lnvestigadores);
- To publish research achievements.
- Advanced university degree (Ph.D. or equivalent)
- Area of expertise: Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of research projects.
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of expertise.
- Experience in the design and implementation of research projects in the field of expertise.
- Teaching in higher education in accounting or finance programs, or related.
- Ability to teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students;
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to collect, summarize and analyze information from various sources. Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively on technical accounting I finance issues in English and Spanish.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring undergraduate or graduate students.
Posting date: February 221
Applications must be sent by email no later than: no restrictions The University will contact you as soon as the process concludes Position to start: Fall 2021 semester.