The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and technology transfer. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
EPFL/LCA2 (Prof. Jean-Yves Le Boudec) is recruiting a post-doc researcher for the EPFL project on deterministic networking. This project focuses on analyzing and building networking solutions with guaranteed low delay, as is required by many new applications.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Analysis and modelling of Time Sensitive Networking protocols and systems.
- Development of network calculus to accommodate new systems with sub-millisecond latency requirements.
- Prototype implementation of regulators in emulated environments.
- Analysis of requirements and opportunities in the mobility sector
- Participation in the lectures on networking.
- PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, communication systems, or computer engineering, with a convincing publication record
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English (French is a plus but is not required)
- Strong background in TCP/IP networking
- Prior exposure to real-time systems or to network calculus is a plus.
We offer :
- EPFL offers top research facilities and a competitive remuneration; it is an equal opportunity employer.
- The duration of employment is flexible, and is limited to 4 years by law
To be agreed.
Term of employment:
Flexible, limited to 4 years.