Job no: 501911
Work type: Full-time
Location: Geelong - Waurn Ponds, Flexible
Categories: Research, Engineering, Science
The Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM) at Deakin University is a world leader in materials science and engineering research. Our researchers collaborate with a wide range of companies in Australia and overseas to accelerate research outcomes and translate knowledge into real-world applications.
Our aim is to develop new materials and structures that are affordable, and also have a low cost to society of manufacture, use and recycling.
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will conduct the research in the area of nanomaterials, energy storage and nanotechnology supported by an ARC Linkage project.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct of the research program of the ARC Linkage project of improving battery safety and performance.
- Report and publish research results in international journals
- Research in the area of nanomaterials, energy storage and functional materials.
- Collaborate with industry partners and meet project milestones
To be successful, you’ll have:
- PhD degree or equivalent with a substantial research experience in battery and electrochemistry
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal as evidenced by high-quality journal publications and seminar presentations
- Demonstrated skills in materials synthesis, characterisation and applications in energy storage.
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to maintain a high standard of laboratory and data record keeping.
For a copy of the Position Description, please see below:
Position Description - Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - Battery - 501911.pdf
Applications for this position close on 23 July 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience addressing the selection criteria for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Professor Ying (Ian) Chen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.