The Brain & Sound Lab is seeking an ambitious, smart and self-driven scientist for a postdoctoral research position. Start date: as soon as possible. Location: Basel University, Switzerland.
The project combines experiments and data analysis of in vivo extracellular recordings, voltage-sensitive dye imaging, behavioural assays, optogenetics and viral neural tracing to describe the role of functional neuronal circuits in the auditory cortex of awake mice.
The successful candidate will run experiments, analyse the data, and prepare the results for publication.
YOU ARE OUR NEW POSTDOC IF YOU:
- have completed a phd with success and published your results in renowned journals
- have a background in neuroscience, physics or computer science
- run experiments methodically and are adept at troubleshooting and problem solving
- know Matlab and have programmed data analysis code with success
- have experience in electrophysiological recording with knowledge of functional imaging techniques being a plus
- ambition to pursue a career in science and to eventually setup your own laboratory
- enjoy working in a team and like to share lunch with colleagues.
- Become a member of the exciting neuroscience community of Basel
- Collaborate closely with the principal investigator
- Work with state-of-the-art Technologies
- Enjoy an attractive location with high life quality standards
ABOUT THE LAB
The aim of our lab is to understand the role of speciﬁc neural circuits in making sense of sounds. We combine optogenetics, in vivo electrophysiology, voltage-sensitive dye imaging and behavioural assays to explore the functions of neuronal circuits in the mouse auditory cortex.
Ongoing work in our group focuses on the following questions:
- How do auditory cortical responses develop and how can they be modiﬁed?
- What neural circuits are involved in speciﬁc sound features, and how can they inﬂuence behaviour?
- What inﬂuences does the environment have on these neuronal circuits?
For more information about our lab, please check www.brainsoundlab.com