The EPFL Laboratory for Data Security (https://lds.epfl.ch), led by Prof. Jean-Pierre Hubaux, is committed to laying the foundations and developing the tools for protecting data in tomorrow’s hyper-connected world. Our contributions are known for being discussed with and adopted by demanding end-users, notably in the medical field.
We are recruiting a post-doctoral researcher in the area of data privacy and security.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English (French is not required)
- Strong background in security, privacy, and applied cryptography (some familiarity with homomorphic encryption, secure multi-party computation, differential privacy, distributed ledgers or hardware security would be welcome)
- Some background in databases, statistics, networking, electronic health records, genomics, game theory, microeconomics, or machine learning would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of languages and tools such as Go, C, C++, Java, Python, and MatLab
A PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Communication Systems, Computer Engineering, or a similar area; with a strong publication track record in information security and privacy.
The contribution to the research efforts of the group will involve many interactions with PhD and undergraduate students, senior researchers, other EPFL labs and external partners (from industry, academia, and hospitals); some participation in teaching is also expected. The research activities will include notably the design and the validation of protocols and algorithms.
- Ambitious projects of global prominence in security and privacy
- A young, dynamic, and international team
- Tight connections/collaborations with other EPFL labs in our school and in the School of Life Sciences
- Collaboration with strategic external partners, including the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health and several prominent life science labs and hospitals
- A modern working environment
- A substantial help to obtain a faculty or research position (usually in another institution) at the end of the stay here.
As one of the highest-ranked technology institutes internationally, EPFL offers a thriving intellectual environment and outstanding facilities. It is located in Lausanne, a beautiful and culturally active city on the shores of Lake Geneva close to the Swiss and French Alps.
For questions about this position, please write to: email@example.com . Please mention "Application to Post-doctoral Position LDS-2020" in the subject of your e-mail.