Open opportunity for FAPESP Postdoctoral fellowship with duration of 24 months, with possibility of renewing for 2 years more, linked to the Thematic Project "Genetic aspects of meat production quality, efficiency and sustainability in Nelore breed animals (grant #2017/10630-2). We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and independent researcher to work in the bioinformatics area, with focus on sequencing data analyses.
The successful candidate will work at the School of Agricultural and Veterinary Science (FCAV/UNESP) Bioinformatics lab, located on “Via de Acesso Prof.Paulo Donato Castellane s/n, Jaboticabal, São Paulo - 14884-900”. The grant is linked to the subproject "Application of bioinformatics in Nellore bovine genome and transcriptome analysis, integrating public information". The fellow will also participate in activities related to the Thematic Project, giving support to students in the development of theses and dissertations.
Grant: a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship of BRL 7,373.10 monthly plus 15% of the annual income as a research contingency fund.
Profile and required skills:
- PhD in Bioinformatics or related areas obtained less than 7 years ago;
- Candidate must have a solid background in informatics;
- Experience with computer network building and management;
- Experience in basic language programming such as R, perl, C++ or fortran;
- Experience in information security and big data management;
- Experience in English scientific writing.
Application, documents and dates:
Applications will be received exclusively by email, with documentation attached in PDF format and sent to Prof. Dr. Lucia Galvão de Albuquerque until October 31st of 2018.
The documents required for registration are:
- - Curriculum vitae;
- - Letter of presentation indicating reasons for applying for the scholarship, with a brief report of your experience in the area;
- - Two letters of recommendation.
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2398.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows: Brazil
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence: All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies: All