The main objective of the project is to design, fabricate and characterise a group of composite materials with tailored physical properties for additive manufacturing of structural electronics. A vast range of investigations will be conducted on fabrication of polymer composites with metal, carbon, ceramic, semiconductor, and other type of functional phases. Research will be conducted taking into account final application of elaborated materials in Fussed Deposition Modeling, Direct Write, Selective Laser Sintering and PolyJet or Aerosol Jet Printing.
Postdoc researcher will participate in a 3 years-long research in the area of heterophase materials for structural electronics, involving process parameters elaboration and detailed measurements of the properties of obtained materials.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Responsible for detailed chemical processes of the polymer composites related to the project
2. Selection and synthesis of polymers, dispersing agents, solvents
3. Chemical and physical functionalisation of microparticles and nanomaterials
4. Preparation of organic compositions with various additives
5. Involved in preparation of demonstrators
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. Familiar with the chemical engineering or organic chemistry, composite materials processes, dispersion of micro- and nanomaterials in polymers, conductive polymers or composites
2. Good command of English is obligatory on the level sufficient for analysis of the technical literature and preparation of publications
3. Involvement in the project: 40h per week
Salary 6000 PLN (approx. 1400 EUR, after tax) for the duration of the project.
1. CV with publication record, and other achievements in science and technology
2. Copy of the Ph.D. diploma in chemistry or related
3. Short description of the scientific interests and most important achievements.
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
The project Functional heterophase materials for structural electronics is financed by the European fund through the First Team 1/2016 award of Foundation for Polish Science