PhD Studentships - Southampton Business School
Southampton Business School
Location: Highfield Campus
Closing Date: Tuesday 31 January 2017
Southampton Business School has studentships available for postgraduate research students admitted onto its PhD programme and commencing their studies in October 2017. The studentships will last for a maximum of three years (subject to an annual review of progress) and will provide a maintenance allowance of £14,000 per annum, in addition to payment of tuition fees. The awards are available in research areas including accounting, finance, international banking, corporate social responsibility, entrepreneurship, innovation management, strategy, human resource management, organisational behaviour, health management, information technology and systems, risk management, logistics and transportation, supply chain management, marketing and consumer behaviour. These areas of research are connected to the School’s Departments:
Department of Accounting
Department of Banking & Finance
Department of Decision Analytics and Risk
Department of Digital and Data Driven Marketing
Department of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
Department of Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
We are offering studentships for Home, EU and International students seeking to undertake full-time study commencing in October 2017, with the following funding arrangements:
- Faculty PhD Scholarships each covering international or Home/EU fees, plus a maintenance allowance of £14,000 per annum (for three years, and subject to annual review of progress). NB. Full-time study only.
- Vice-Chancellor (VC) Awards worth up to £7,000 per year to either contribute to international fees or to cover Home/EU fees and/or towards living costs (for three years of study). The VC Awards are available for full- or part-time study (the latter calculated pro-rata).
Please note the following
- Tuition fees will be paid at home/EU level or international level as determined by the University.
- To be eligible for consideration, the full application must be submitted by the submission deadline of 31 January 2017. You will also need to allow time for your prospective supervisor(s) to provide a statement of support, and to participate in an interview (the interview may take place shortly after the application deadline of 31 January 2017).
- These studentships are for full time candidates only. If you are awarded this studentship and transfer to part time registration, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the studentship.
Southampton Business School is a vibrant research-led school, part of the University of Southampton, one of the top research-driven universities in the UK and in the top one per cent of global universities. It has an active and multi-cultural community of more than 160 postgraduate research students from all the continents and its PhD programme has been awarded +3 recognition for full-time students by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). The School has also received research studentships from the ESRC, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and other prestigious funding bodies. The School’s researchers combine rigour with relevance, aiming to solve real-world problems that meet the challenges of the global economy and society. For further information on our research degrees visit: https://www.sbs.ac.uk/research/mphilphd-research-programmes
High calibre applicants are sought and must apply online by 31 January 2017 following the normal process for admission to the PhD programme, stating that they wish to be considered for the studentship. To apply online for our PhD programme, please visit the following website: https://studentrecords.soton.ac.uk/BNNRPROD/bzsksrch.P_Search
A full application consists of:
Applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
For further information about how to apply, please email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)23 8059 2562 or visit the following website: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/management/postgraduate/research_degrees/apply.page?