The HPC Group of the Mathematics and Computer Science Department is looking for a PhD student. We offer one such position in Parallel Computing. Start date: 1st August 2017 Multi-level Scheduling of Communications in High Performance Computers.
Develop multi-level schedulers to optimize the communications associated with parallel computational applications.
- Bridge and/or extend existing single-/multi-Level schedulers
- Develop novel scheduling techniques that optimize parallel communications for various parallel computing architectures
- Analyze the performance of the multi-level schedulers on a wide range of application benchmarks
- Employ own and acquire new computer science theoretical, simulation, and experimental skills
A Master's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Science or Mathematics.
- Good mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills
- Very good programming skills (C, C++, Java, Python, R, Spark, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of operating systems, in particular Linux
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing), knowledge of German can be a plus
- High (self-)motivation
- Strong team-working abilities
- Ease of interaction in a multicultural environment
We offer you
The chance to join a highly motivated scientific Team.
- State-of-the-art computing equipment (desktop and parallel computers)
- An attractive international and multicultural work environment
- High work ethics
- The opportunity to study at the oldest University in Switzerland
Women are especially encouraged to apply. The application deadline is 28th February 2017.