In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy: Lecturer in Clothing Retail Management.
The incumbent will be responsible for presenting undergraduate lectures and practicals in the specialisation areas of Clothing Retail Management;
- Initiating research in Clothing, Textiles and/or Clothing-related Consumer research, which will complement the current research focus;
- Supervising postgraduate students and obtaining grant funding.
- Masters degree in Consumer Science/Clothing (or related study field) and enrolled for a PhD, or an ongoing PhD at an advanced stage in a relevant field;
- Experience in undergraduate lecturing and tutoring;
- Experience in Clothing, Textiles and/or Clothing-related Consumer research;
- Driver’s license.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Evidence of teamwork, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to attract undergraduate and postgraduate students to the Department.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Documented proof of own research outputs in Clothing, Textiles and/or Clothing-related Consumer research;
- Post-graduate supervision experience at a level commensurate with qualifications
- Aspiration and ability to obtain an NRF rating;
- Skilled in CAD software programs (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Gerber, Lectra).
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Ms K Seerane, firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Prof EM Buys, e-mail: email@example.com for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 June 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from underrepresented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.