The School of Computer Science is seeking someone to contribute strongly in specialised teaching and research within the Software Engineering discipline, but who can also teach in a wide range of core computer science and software engineering subjects. We are especially keen to recruit an individual whose Software Engineering research might lead to inter-disciplinary work in areas such as AI, Optimisation, Data Science or Cybersecurity. The school enjoys excellent research and industry collaboration opportunities in the area of software engineering, and there is a great opportunity develop new teaching directions and approaches in the area of Software Engineering.
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Teaching experience, or potential, demonstrating both commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in the area of software engineering
- Ability to significantly contribute to the teaching and administration of subjects (including curriculum development) within the range of subjects offered by the school
- Ability to significantly contribute to world class research within the area of software engineering.
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English
The faculty’s broader role
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning - and high-level mathematics. Many of its academic staff are work leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Learn more at: ecms.adelaide.edu.au
Applications close 11.55pm (ACST), 31 Jan 2019.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Ian Reid
Head of School, School of Computer Science
P: +61 (0) <8313>8313>