To create and disseminate knowledge through initiating and conducting original research, through publication and through developing and delivering undergraduate programmes with a focus on the biomedical science programme. In addition, to contribute to the Institute through management/leadership, and enterprise activities, as appropriate.
• A PhD in a relevant biomedical science or related area (PhD or equivalent qualification).
• A recent publication record in a field aligned to the colleges research strengths.
• Teaching experience in HE, including the ability to develop, implement and evaluate programmes of learning & teaching in relation to contemporary biomedical education and practice.
• Evidence of a background in teaching physiology and or pharmacology would be desirable
• The ability to enthuse, motivate and encourage student engagement, learning and intellectual development, using a variety of methods and technologies designed for the purpose of learning and teaching.
• Evidence of scholarly activity (research or other public scholarly output commensurate with career stage).
• Experience of partnership working with placement providers.
• Willingness to undertake a substantive programme roles such as placement lead and personal tutor
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Effective team-working and inter-personal skills.
• Proven ability to devise, advise on, and manage learning.
• Skills in managing, motivating & mentoring others successfully at all levels.
• Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching and advising colleagues.
• Ability to contribute to institute management processes.
• Ability to assess and organise resources effectively.
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes.