FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF PARACLINICAL SCIENCES
PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY SECTION
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training, as applicable to qualification, in Veterinary Pharmacology;
- The preparation, presentation and review of course material
- Lectures, seminars and tutorials, student assessment, student support and participation in curriculum improvement and development;
- Actively participating in departmental research programmes and service rendering activities, including service rendering to developing communities and continuing education programmes;
- Performing administrative and management tasks as delegated by the Head of Department.
- BVSc-degree or equivalent veterinary degree;
- Registered (or registrable) as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Appropriate experience and knowledge of Veterinary Pharmacology.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Computer skills for presentation, word-processing and spreadsheets;
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Lecturing experience in Veterinary Pharmacology;
- Employment at an academic institution;
- Proven track record in research and scientific publications;
- A postgraduate qualification.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof CJ Botha, Tel: (012) 529-8023 / 8239
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 April 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.