FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF PARACLINICAL SCIENCES
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching and practical training of undergraduate and/or postgraduate veterinary and/or veterinary nursing students in veterinary pathology;
- Research and publication in national and international journals;
- Departmental and faculty administrative duties as delegated by the Head of the Department;
- Diagnostic necropsy and biopsy duties on a rotational basis;
- Community engagement;
- Academic self-development as appropriate to the individual’s academic career.
- A BVSc or BVMCh degree or an equivalent veterinary qualification;
- A completed MMedVet (Pathology) in the field of Pathology at the time of appointment or registered for an MMedVet (Pathology) degree to be completed within two years of appointment;
- Registered as a veterinarian with the South African Veterinary Council (SAVC);
- Appropriate experience and knowledge in diagnostic veterinary pathology.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Computer skills for presentation, word-processing and spreadsheets; and
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Participation in undergraduate and postgraduate veterinary pathology training;
- Membership and contribution to activities of pathology organisations.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED/UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
ENQUIRIES: Prof DN Qekwana, (012) 529-8023 / 8239 or Prof EP Mitchell, 012-529-8332.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 June 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.