Opportunity ID: 432
Opportunity Closing Date: 3/02/2022, 23:55
Primary Location: Peel Park Campus
School or Business Unit: School of Science, Engineering & Environment
Contract Type: Full Time Permanent
Computer Science and Software Engineering at Salford
We’re investing in people, technology, and facilities to fuel the growth and impact of Computer Science and related specialist provision at the University of Salford – a powerhouse of industry-engaged digital innovation in Greater Manchester.
We’re searching for the best teaching and research talent to develop the next generation of Computer Scientists, AI specialists, Software Engineers, Cyber Security experts and Data Scientists. Building on our rich heritage of industry engagement we’re looking to accelerate impactful research and enterprise in this vibrant academic area.
We are seeking to expand and develop our core team of academics working in Software Engineering to both extend our long-established academic activity in this field and further develop our links with industry.
Join us and be part of a diverse, future-facing team that’s deeply engaged with Industry and constantly evolving to unlock innovation.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking a Software Engineering specialist who is highly motivated, independent, and passionate about research and teaching – capable of producing high-quality, impactful research outputs as well as delivering inspirational and engaging teaching and supervision of undergraduates and postgraduates, driving strong outcomes for students.
We’re interested in candidates who are at the beginning of their academic career as well as experienced colleagues who can already demonstrate leadership in research, teaching and enterprise.
Existing research strengths in software architecture, software development processes, visualisation, graphics, user experience, or cloud computing will be an advantage.
Ideal candidates will have already gained a PhD in Software Engineering or a related topic and have some experience of teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. We are also interested in suitably qualified candidates from industry who can also demonstrate equivalent experience and ability.
We strive constantly to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment and celebrate our diverse University community. At Salford you’ll be encouraged to innovate, be courageous and be unstoppable in working to the shared goal of delivering an outstanding, career and life-changing experience for our students and impacting the industries and communities we serve.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - and excellent pension scheme.
£42,149-£50,296 This is the expected starting salary for this post however appointment at a higher point may be made for candidates who demonstrate exceptional skills and experience relevant to the role
- Generous annual leave - plus the ability to buy and sell holiday days
- Flexible, agile and hybrid working - we support a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements
- Professional development - a comprehensive package of personal development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Wellbeing support - dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
- Greater Manchester - Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleagues, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.
- However you identify, whatever your pathway has been to get here, come and join us at the University of Salford where we are all proud to belong
Learn how we're supporting teaching and research talent to develop the next generation of Computer Scientists, AI specialists, Software Engineers, Cyber Security experts and Data Scientists, https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/computer-science-recruitment/