Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
School of Accountancy
Lecturer in Accounting
Job ID: 1697
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate actively in teaching under- and postgraduate modules in Accounting.
- Stimulate research at postgraduate level.
- Provide study guidance to postgraduate students.
- Publish research in accredited journals and the presentation of papers at national and international level.
- Community involvement.
- Master’s degree in Accounting.
- Proven experience in the delivery of poster or oral presentations at conferences or equivalent activities.
- Provide evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication in accredited journals.
- A good academic record.
- Practical experience in the fields of Accounting.
- Recent relevant teaching experience at an institution of higher learning.
- Registration at the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Willing to enrol for a doctoral degree in Accounting at the first available opportunity, if not yet attained by the time of the appointment.
- Proven research record of relevant publications in national accredited journals.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 February 2017
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9962/2808.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned Act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae and Cover letter
- Copies of all academic records
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications)
- A copy of your identity document (ID)
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.