Faculty Of Health Sciences
School Of Health Care Sciences
Department Of Nursing Sciences
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Participate in skills training and assessment;
- Updating course content and revising study guides;
- Maintaining the electronic learning environment;
- Performing other academic and research duties as may be delegated by the Head of Department;
- Conducting research at a nationally competitive level;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, learning and community engagement.
- A relevant Master’s degree in Health Sciences;
- A qualification in Primary Health Care;
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council as a Nurse educator;
- At least one DHET accredited publication.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge And Behavioural Attributes):
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and mentoring skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Scientific writing skills
Added Advantages And Preferences:
- Experience in clinical environment;
- One year’s teaching and assessment experience including tutoring;
- A valid driver’s licence;
- A DHET accredited publications must preferably be published in the last two years.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 470 058 to R 622 296 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
Closing Date: 6 December 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Enquiries: Prof FM Mulaudzi, Tel: (012) 356 3179, or e-mail: Mavis.Mulaudzi@up.ac.za
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.