In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Lecturing at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level;
- Supervision of postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publication in Economics and related fields;
- Liaison with students, parents and other stakeholders; and
- Management of academic departmental events and supervision of tutors.
- A Master’s degree with specialisation in Economics, Econometrics or Finance;
- Experience with independent research and/or involvement in research activities;
- Experience in the guidance of students’ research; and
- Lecturing experience at undergraduate level.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKLILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOUR):
- Appropriate interpersonal, language and communication skills;
- Experience of independent research and/or involvement in research activities; and
- Computer literacy.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Practical economics experience in commerce or industry;
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals or conference proceedings;
- Lecturing experience at postgraduate level;
- Actively engaged in planning their doctoral programme or have progressed with their doctoral studies.
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted applicants can be required to do a 10/15 minute presentation to the selection committee of the Department prior to formal interviews.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED/UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- A recent research manuscript (published or working paper);
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact (one of these should be a research supervisor);
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE:30 April 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs Z Mashalaba, Tel: (012) 420 2655, Email: email@example.com
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria within 2 months, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.