In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The facilitation of learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervising research projects of students at postgraduate levels;
- Developing and co-ordinating modules in the distance education programme of the Department;
- Conducting own research and being involved in community engagement programmes and third stream income of the Department;
- Involvement in curriculum development.
- Masters Degree in preferably Educational Law, Leadership or Management;
- Teaching experience at higher education and school levels;
- A proven record of peer-reviewed publications, sustained research and involvement in research and research development;
- Research publications or evidence of submission of research article book chapters or conference proceedings.
Senior Lecturer (Same as for Lecturer, plus):
- PhD in preferably Educational Law, Leadership or Management.
Required competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural attributes):
- Knowledge of Education Law, Leadership or Management;
- Knowledge of the South African education system and the management of schools;
- Ability to supervise students at postgraduate level in the identified fields;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Added advatnges and preferences:
- Knowledge of the operation of different educational institutions (e.g. universities, colleges, schools);
- Negotiation skills and a well-established academic and professional network (including teacher formations);
- Ability to conduct research and lead teacher education programmes;
- Expertise in curriculum development;
- Active participation in research relevant to the Department.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Ms Siza Zitha, Tel: (012) 420 5985
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.