UP Posting - Academic
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY MEDICINE
LECTURER (20 HOURS PER WEEK)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Teaching and training at both postgraduate and undergraduate level
- Being actively involved and participating in research;
- Supervising or co-supervising postgraduate students;
- Publications in peer-reviewed accredited journals;
- Performing administrative and academic responsibilities;
- Practicing COPC (Community Orientated Primary Care) in the defined communities;
- Offering medical services, and managing a multi-disciplinary team within informal settlements in Pretoria;
- Working with WBOT (Ward-based Outreach Teams) their team leaders and community health workers to offer primary care;
- Expanding on an existing community-based service-learning program.
- MBChB and/or MMed degree in Family Medicine with in depth knowledge of Community Orientated Primary Care;
- Registration with HPCSA as Independent Medical Practitioner;
- Minimum of one DHET accredited publication
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- The ability to work independently and in a team.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- At least one year of teaching experience/tutoring students in Family Medicine;
- First author publications are recommended;
- Published full-length conference papers are recommended;
- Participation at national and international conferences are recommended;
- Experience in developing health strategies, and support fundraising.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes.
Applicants are requested to apply via the apply online button below and follow the link: Careers@UP.
CLOSING DATE: 05 March 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms FI Mabaso, Tel: (012) 356 3244/ via email firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Dr G Botha, Tel: (012) 012 379 3453 / via email email@example.com for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.