FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
ONDERSTEPOORT VETERINARY ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
INTERNSHIP ANAESTHESIOLOGY CLINIC
(12 MONTH CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The Faculty of Veterinary Science is offering a wonderful opportunity for Junior Veterinarians who want to gain more experience in the Anaesthesiology Clinic and learn from the best specialists.
The Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital has the following vacancy for an Intern in 2021:
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in the Anaesthesiology section of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, including a 24-hour and weekend service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/ practical training of undergraduate veterinary and para-veterinary students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/ academic duties as delegated by the line manager; and
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration/Authorisation as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where relevant); and
- Adequate subject knowledge necessary for the post.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet); and
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 17 February 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms MB Nyathela, email@example.com (HR) 012 – 529 8541
Job content enquiries: Prof Gerhard Steenkamp firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 15 May 2021 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.