The Faculty of Veterinary Science is offering a wonderful opportunity for Junior Veterinarians who want to gain more experience as an Intern in the Equine Clinic and learn from the best specialists.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in the Equine section of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, including a 24-hour and weekend service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/ practical training of undergraduate veterinary and para-veterinary students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/ academic duties as delegated by the line manager; and
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration/Authorisation as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise; and
- Adequate subject knowledge necessary for the post.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);and
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be R288, 510 per annum.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Job content enquiries Dr Yolandi Smit email@example.com
Other enquiries: Ms Bernice Nyathela firstname.lastname@example.org (HR)
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 23 July 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.