DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY SERVICES
INFORMATION SPECIALIST: FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE (2 posts) and FACULTY OF EBIT AND NAS (1 post)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Proactive identification of the current and future information needs of clients;
- Delivering of an effective information service to dedicated departments/clients;
- Designing of information products and services relevant to clients’ needs;
- Marketing information products and services;
- Managing information resources for assigned departments;
- Supporting learning, teaching and research activities of the relevant client groups positively;
- Facilitating the information access process;
- Liaising with assigned departments;
- Participating in organisational initiatives/projects.
- A four-year library degree (e.g B.Bibl, PG Dip.LIS or B.Inf (Hons)); PLUS three years’ experience in an academic library as an Information Specialist;
- A three-year library degree (e.g BIS); PLUS four years’ experience in an academic library of which three years functioned as an Information Specialist;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge or experience in the subject fields of Engineering, Natural Sciences and Technology OR Health Sciences;
- Knowledge or experience in the research process;
- Knowledge of research impact metrics;
- Knowledge of open scholarship practices;
- Good outreach and communication skills;
- Good advocacy skills;
- Overview of research dissemination platforms;
- Good overview of information and data management practices.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Gojiwe Malobola or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (012) 420 3122 for application-related enquiries.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions