Department Human Resources
Human Resources Business Partner (post level 9)
Job ID: 2123
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide strategic alignment and innovative HR solutions.
- Foster leadership alignment and guide managers on effective people management tools and principles, ensuring that the entire business unit understands HR programmes and complies with HR policies and employment legislation.
- Provide support to business units through periods of change.
- Provide advice and support to managers regarding employee relations and liaise closely with the employee relations office when necessary.
- Contribute constructively to HR areas such as recruitment, rewards, retention, performance development and assessment, career and succession planning, employee development, and employee relations.
- Honours degree in human resources/ industrial psychology or related field.
- Three (3) years' HR generalist experience.
- Thorough understanding of HR theories and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of business drivers and trends as well as environmental factors which influence and shape HR strategies.
- Business acumen.
- Results-oriented approach.
- Strategic thinking.
- Building coalitions.
- Five (5) years' HR generalist experience.
Assumption of duties:
01 January 2018
17 November 2017
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.