Department Student Academic Services
Head: Applications, Admissions and Certification (post level 6)
Job ID: 1809
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the Applications, Admissions and Certification Units in order to provide strategic direction and alignment to the University’s plans.
- Lead innovation and optimising of processes and procedures.
- Provide proposals on improved policies, procedures and processes in order to improve customer service, reduce costs and improve effectiveness and efficiency of division.
- Ensure quality assurance of all processes and procedures.
- Coordinate Applications, Admissions and Certification activities.
- Train Applications, Admissions and Certification staff.
- Implement and monitor succession planning.
- Manage Applications, Admissions and Certification systems, including configurations, setup, data quality, data integrity and mapping of the software supplier’s roadmap to the future implementation of Applications, Admissions and Certification systems.
- Provide proposals for system changes to the Applications, Admissions and Certification system as dictated by management or the demands of technology change.
- Deal with escalated queries and problem cases.
- Chair the various Applications, Admissions and Certification Forums.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding progress, issues and due dates.
- Publish various rules and regulations, including the faculty rules.
- Train external users of the Applications, Admissions and Certification processes.
- ABachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Business acumen.
- Strategically oriented.
- Strategic thinking.
- Leadership skills.
- Building coalitions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s parallel-medium and richly diverse working environment.
- Related postgraduate qualification.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible
17 February 2017
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3106 / 2808.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
Applications may be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications).
- A copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.