The Head of Student Data and Returns is responsible for leading Imperial’s student-related statutory returns processes (including HESA/data futures processes) and student management information capability. As part of the Registry, you will be a key leader during a period of transition and transformational change, which includes the embedding of a new student information management system. You will lead the Student External Returns Team through this period of significant change, as well as provide recommendations and support to senior staff to enable Imperial to transition smoothly to the HESA Data Futures requirements. In addition, you will lead work to provide a range of management information about our students to stakeholders across the College, working with colleagues in a range of teams and academic departments.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will have oversight of the accurate and timely submission of student data external returns, including those to HESA, OfS and GMC, and other regulatory bodies.
- You will be identifying and making solution recommendations for business process gaps required to support student related HESA requirements, including Data Futures.
- Working with stakeholders across the College you will manage the development of a suite of reports to support the provision of high-quality student and curriculum management information.
- Working with data owners you will support and facilitate the management of student data integrity in the student information management system.
- Abilities commensurate with a first degree or equivalent educational experience
- Experience of working in a student record management or strategic planning setting in a Higher Education Institution
- Experience of managing the compilation of statutory and regulatory student and funding external returns, including the student data returns to HESA and HEFCE/OfS
- Experience of engaging key internal stakeholders in the requirements of effective and robust student data management
- Extensive working knowledge of student-based external returns to statutory and regulatory bodies such as HESA and their significance to HEIs
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of UK Higher Education policy environment
- An ability to work effectively with staff and teams at all levels of an institution and empathy with stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Change management skills to support the definition and implementation of new business processes.
- Ability to lead and manage projects with a track record in eliciting co-operation from busy colleagues to meet deadlines and targets
- Strong staff management skills and experience of leading a team
Full details of this position can be found in the Job Description.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Phil Power (Director of Student Administration) - email@example.com
It is anticipated that interviews will be held w/c 15 or 22 August 2022.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.