Executive Officer, Office of the President
Department Office of the President
Entity Aga Khan University
Location Karachi, Pakistan
The Aga Khan University is a private, international university committed to international standards of excellence in teaching, research and service. Its teaching hospital, the Aga Khan University Hospital has been accredited by the prestigious Joint Commission International for achieving the highest international healthcare standards.
Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Officer will be involved in managing the Office of the President on a wide range of strategic and administrative matters. This will include: facilitating and overseeing different programmes and activities of the Office, following up on action items emerging from important meetings, and helping to maintain relationships dealing with partners and high level government officials with whom the President interacts. Specific responsibilities include:
- overseeing the President’s programme, coordinating with multiple individuals and constituencies within the Office and the Institution, the AKDN, and globally
- act as a liaison and focal point of contact for direct reports and members of the University community: faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, non-government agencies, partner universities, government representatives and others who communicate with the President
- responsible for ensuring progress on major University-wide initiatives and assisting the President with the same
- conducting active follow up on matters arising from meetings and assisting the President in building relationships with important stakeholders and contacts
- responsible for developing and implementing strategy for major communications from the Office - demonstrating professionalism, knowledge, credibility and confidentiality of the highest level
- providing intelligence and insight to the President related to different issues affecting the University, including news from the regions where AKU works, or other matters of interest to the Office
- working to prioritise different commitments allowing the President to maintain effective communication with the team and with external audiences according to the needs of the organization
- coordinating with internal stakeholders in arranging events and working closely with the entire executive leadership of AKU
- undertaking special projects as assigned by the President and managing the administration of the Office.
You should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree, Master's will be preferred
- at least five years of related work experience or comparable transferable experience
- excellent problem solving skills - show initiative in taking on issues that require resolution or solving
- the ability to demonstrate sound judgment in challenging and sensitive situations and everyday business
- excellent written and verbal communication especially in English and Urdu
- keenness to learn and thrive in unfamiliar situations
- the ability to work and lead efforts in a close team environment
- exceptional organizational, project management and planning skills
- superior interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders such as donors, University staff, representatives of partner universities, and others.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.